Re: RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.6

  • From: dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:41:55 -0500

Not a big bug (if you can call it a bug at all) or a new one, but I get this when trying to install emelfm2 with checkinstall (yes, I know that isn't the proper way to build debian packages, but some people do it that way):

sudo checkinstall -D make install yields this:

========================= Installation results ===========================
installing plugins to prefix '/usr/local'
installing emelfm2 to prefix '/usr/local'
install: setting permissions for `/usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1': No such file or directory

bzip2: I/O or other error, bailing out.  Possible reason follows.
bzip2: No such file or directory
Input file = /usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1, output file = /usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1.bz2
make: *** [install] Error 1

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.

Is this becuase there is no man page?

It's been a while since I have used checkinstall as I have just been installing from source for the last year or so.

Thanks.
--
David S. Yates
webpage: http://lottalinuxlinks.com