RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.6

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:15:04 +1100

Hello everyone.

Another version, now official.

A few small fixes since the last pre-release. Importantly, usage with gtk 2.12
now seems freeze-free.

Details are available at http://emelfm2.net/ChangeLog.

This time, we almost got to use the "new" command-execution code as default. At
the time of the pre-release, the code seemed to be rid of its occasional
CPU-usage-spikes when a command is ending. Then late in the development cycle,
I had a report that the spikes were still there sometimes, which resulted in
some revisions just yesterday. So, again, I hope that it's stable enough for
general use, but don't yet have enough data. By all means, build with
NEW_COMMAND=1 and feedback any problem.

A further note about the crypt plugin. As was the case with 0.3.5, this plugin
has passed all tests to now, but since it can (of course) irrevocably
compromise the contents of processed files, I'm still advising you to remember
it's beta. Apply the option to keep the original file, and confirm somewhat
that encrypt(s) can be reversed successfully.