RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.5

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:38:10 +1000

Hello everyone.

Another version, now official.

A few small fixes since the last time I posted a changelog on this list. In
summary though,
* some small UI finessing in several places
* added basic printing capability to view and edit dialogs (for gtk >= 2.10)
* added plugin to [de]crypt files (see note below)
* added optional-build plugin to manage file access-control-lists (make with
option WITH_ACL=1)
* licence version updated
* quite a few bugfixes

Details are available at http://emelfm2.net/ChangeLog.

A note about the crypt plugin - this has passed all tests to now, but since it
can (of course) irrevocably compromise the contents of processed files, I'm
inclined to conservatively CAUTION users to use the plugin a bit warily. Apply
the option to keep the original file, and confirm somewhat that encrypt(s) can
be reversed successfully. (After a longer period of successful operation, I'll
feel more comfortable about removing this caution.)

Thanks again to our valiant translators, Hirosi, Ronny, Alexander and Grégory,
and to all of you who did some evaluation of code since the last official
release.