Re: RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.3

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:23:37 +1000

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:56:55 -0400
"Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:40:42 -0400
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > * minor tweaking of startup options, and a change to default operation
> > as a normal application instead of as a daemon
>
> Hey Tom,
>
> I would assume that now, using the "--daemon" option should cause e2 to
> use the old behavior, no? In previous versions, e2 ran detached from the
> starting terminal. I grew quite accustomed to being able to start e2
> from rxvt without regard to any dependency on the starting terminal.
>
> Now, if I start e2 from rxvt, e2 remains attached, and must be sent to
> background in order that I may resume working in  rxvt, even though I
> pass the "--daemon" option. Worse yet, absent mindedly closing the parent
> rxvt window will kill e2. :(
>
> Is this expected behavior? Shouldn't "--daemon" cause e2 to run detached
> from the terminal? I've tried with xterm, and rxvt... same thing.

The default operating-mode was changed so that shutdown can be triggered from
within a terminal, and (for some DE's at least) by the session-manager when
logging out or shutting down.

The -m|--daemon startup option should replicate the former behaviour, as you
expect. I'll look into why it's not doing so.