Pre-release tesing, anyone ?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 23:46:20 +1000

Hi everyone

I'd quite like to get a few other people to look at an up-to-the-minute
emelFM2, in anticipation of the next official release.

Since the website is still down, I'll need to find a place to park an archive,
or else one could be mailed direct, if your service can cope with large
attachment (now ~850 kB, courtesy of an extra plugin or two).

The current changelog is:
* rationalised operation of <Ctrl>f and <Ctrl>g in find and edit dialogs
* made <Ctrl>r in edit dialog treat selected text same way as <Ctrl>f
* cleanup all code for recursive file operations
* added plugin to [de]compress files
* cleanups
* bugfixes
 - always initialise filelist cursor position
 - added BSD-specific includes for statfs()
 - fix copying of RO directories from CD
 - made output-pane tabs DnD work properly (for gtk >= 2.10)
 - fixed false matches when recursively comparing directories
 - fixed info about links-to-links displayed in info-dialog
 - fixed identification of links to dirs, in filelists
 - fixed UI freezes when trying to use internal editor or viewer on
non-existent file

The main point of interest is recursive file operations - one small line here,
but a hell of a lot of lines of code !!