Re: Pre-release available

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:00:01 +0200

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:14 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What was the focused widget ? If it was a filelist, was there a 2nd action
> for the first selected item ?

I selected and focused a .pdf file (in the file list), and I have 7
actions for these guys; I get the same error message for
file.open_with3 through 6.

> <Ctrl>2 is hardcoded to toggle focus between active filelist and dirline for
> pane 2. Here, a binding of <Ctrl>2 to something else is ignored. I've been
> tinkering with callback connection, and mine may behave differently from
> yours, now.

Hardcoded? I remember well to have changed it in `Keybindings
settings' in the previous version; before installing the pre-release,
the key binding worked fine in executing file.open_with2.

>> - with crypt plugin enabled emel segfaults at start-up (debug below)
> If the plugin is failing during its loading, I guess that it's a wrong
> version. Are you still using the tinycrypt-compatible version ? That's
> probably well out-of-date.

No, the one shipped by default. It seems to load fine now; probably it
was that I didn't `make clean' at the previous install.

>> A request:
>> - create file.open_with7 through 9. Personally for given filetypes
>> (.pdf) I have 7 programmes assigned.
> Maybe just a bit over the top ? Who (apart from you) can remember even 6
> assigned keybindings ?

I don't see a reason to (artificially) limit these to a random number
(6); this reminds me of X.Org's limitation to 4 keyboard layouts.
People may well use all 9 (or even 10) digits on their keyboard to
assign applications for files, or various tiny scripts such as
convertors to other formats; it simply might happen that someone's 2nd
favourite action is the last one, ctrl+9, assigned so to easily
remember its trigger.
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?