Re: No Problems in september?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:31:05 -0400

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:39:39 +0200
Uwe Helm <digitalenemy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this is for example:
> - config file gets cleared if there is no more hd space
When saving config data, it's written to a temp-file in the currently-used
config directory, and if that write is completed successfully, then the temp is
renamed. Or if the write fails for some reason, the temp is deleted. So when a
disk is full, the most-recently-saved config file should still be there. Is
that not working ?

> - the macro behaviour has changed somehow? If i i.e. select "open with"
> and type "mplayer %f" then it is mplayer <file> <fullpathtofile>
> i'm sure it has a reason, i just forgot to have a closer look at it
The open-with action runs from the actions queue, and in principle, the item(s)
selected when the action was initiated may not be the same as when it actually
runs. So the "%f" support was dropped. However on reflection, it's a bit
limiting to assume that the command to be run will always have the item-name at
the end. So I've now added back [%]%f handling. It actually behaves like [%]%p,
to allow for the possibility that the active directory has changed while
waiting for the action to run. Without [%]%f, the first selected item's path is
quoted and appended to the entered command.

> - the +x flag bug you pasted a patch for
Though not yet released.

(that is what i mean with
> obvious bugs :))

> - sometimes in subdirectory's, emelfm2 is trying to access the folders i
> want to browse like they are on root level, i also haven't found out who
> to trigger this
I don't know what to look for ...

> and one i don't know if it is a bug or a missing feature:
> it is impossible to drag and drop items and scroll by moving them to the
> upper or the lower border. this is with gtk+-2.8.19
That sort of scrolling is not presently supported. Maybe worth adding.