New pre-release available

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:14:32 +1000

I've made another attempt to find exactly what was causing the dialog-related
crashes affecting emelFM2 < 0.6 on gtk 2.16. Solving this would allow relaxing
the timing constraints applied as a workaround in 0.6.0 and in svn since that
release. It seems that the gtk func that applies tooltips is a bad culprit.

Anyhow, I've posted a pre-release at
http://emelfm2.net/rel/pre/emelfm2-trunk-20090701.tar.bz2 which is particularly
intended for those of you who were experiencing the crashes before 0.6.0. Also
anyone that's been having problems running e2 with recent X (more specifically,
libxcb). Please test and advise how it goes.

Note for svn users: the pre-release code is not yet in svn, in case it is no
good, I don't want to have to revert it all.