Re: New pre-release available

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 00:05:14 +1000

On Fri, 1 May 2009 14:25:53 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:58 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Testing this release is particularly relevant for those of you who use
> > names with non-ASCII characters.
> >
> I built emel with FILES_UTF8ONLY=1

That option is effectively redundant now. Whether or not to do
encoding-conversion is checked for each item, each time a filelist is
constructed, instead of just at start of session.

 and on a quick check seems fine
> here (various characters from French to Greek). Also, I can confirm
> that the file.pack slow-text-input bug is fixed.
>
> One issue with file.unpack in recent releases:
> 1. file.unpack an archive
> 2. rename a file
> 3. repack
>
> The repack archive will contain both the original un-renamed file and
> the renamed file. I encountered this on zip archives, but other types
> are possibly also affected.

The repack command (for a zip) is essentially just:
 "zip -r <path of source archive> ."

From the zip documentation, I see that for this command, renamed (hence
missing) items will not be deleted from the archive. There's a zip option
-FS/--filesync which might help, but I'll need to review  where the unpack and
repack commands are run from, or else this option may not work.