Re: New pre-release available

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 14:25:53 +0200

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:58 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Testing this release is particularly relevant for those of you who use names
> with non-ASCII characters.

I built emel with FILES_UTF8ONLY=1 and on a quick check seems fine
here (various characters from French to Greek). Also, I can confirm
that the file.pack slow-text-input bug is fixed.

One issue with file.unpack in recent releases:
1. file.unpack an archive
2. rename a file
3. repack

The repack archive will contain both the original un-renamed file and
the renamed file. I encountered this on zip archives, but other types
are possibly also affected.

Regards,
Liviu