Re: New pre-release available

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:24:14 -0400

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:15:00 +0200
Atman Sense <mattenklicker@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Atman, this is an example of the type of feedback that is wanted about
fuse-related behaviour.

> emelfm has strange behavior in context with fusesmb when I try to change
> into a directory that is not accessible. Fusesmb mounts all remote
> directories as the user who started the mount. After trying to change
> into such a directory (in real owned by another user with drwx------),
Seems to me that's another example of poor behaviour by a fuse-daemon. The
permissions should be set to at least X and R for users other than the one who
mounted the dir. If, as the current user, you don't have X for a directory,
then it should be that you can't get into that directory with emelFM2 or
anything else. And R is needed to show its contents.

What happens when you (as super-user or the relevant user) change mounted dir
permissions before trying to display its contents ?

> no more change in any other directory is possible.
>
> emelfm detects, that such a diretory in inaccessible:
> [DEBUG ] change
> dir: /home/atman/net/ARBEITSGRUPPE/ASERVER/TMP/privoxy.S3SYPS/ [DEBUG ]
> NEED fake check
> whether /home/atman/net/ARBEITSGRUPPE/ASERVER/TMP/privoxy.S3SYPS/ is a
> usable directory [DEBUG ] grab current directory data [DEBUG ]
> read-dir-thread (ID=3065478048) started [DEBUG ] dir-monitor-thread
> (ID=3048545184) started [WARN  ] Unable to open
> directory: /home/atman/net/ARBEITSGRUPPE/ASERVER/TMP/privoxy.S3SYPS/
> [DEBUG ] dir-monitor-thread (ID=3048545184) stopped
>
> But when I try to change to another dir:
> [DEBUG ] waiting for completion of refresh before changing dir
This is a bug, apparently a flag which prevents re-entrant cd's is not being
cleared when the cd failed. And if not cleared, all subsequent cd's, and also
filelist refreshes, will be blocked. I can't suggest a fix immediately as my
IDE has gone AWOL.