Re: Move does not preserve timestamps.

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:07:11 -0500

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:36:23 -0500
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > operation to complete. However, it never does. Upon quitting, e2
> > then segfaults.
>
> Perversely, I'd like to solve that before your other issue. I very
> rarely get a task that lasts long enough to allow me to debug
> closing before the task is complete.

Nothing perverse about that. I'd say segfaults deserve all the attention
they can get. While unexpected behavior is not a Good Thing in a file
manager, segfaults could be downright disastrous.

> This is another instance where you'll need to build some tailored
> files with extra debug messages. That ok?

I'm game if you are. As you know, I'm not a programmer, so I can't
submit code. Helping out with debugging gives me a sense that at
least I'm doing what I can to help the project along. So, in short,
yeah... that's ok. :)

Jonathan

--
Jonathan A. Irwin