Re: Move does not preserve timestamps.

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:31:57 -0500

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:49:53 -0500
"Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > To help work out the sequence of events that produced your results, a
> > question. Before starting a session with the revised cpbar plugin, did
> > your config data specify that plugin to be loaded ?
>
> There was no initial config file. After bulding, and installing with
> prefix of /tmp/e2svn/emelfm2-svn-16/usr/local, I started the newly built
> e2 binary with "./emelfm2 -c ./config" so as not to interfere with my
> saved config (nor allow my current config to interfere with testing)
> so it should have loaded whatever e2 loads by default on the first run.
>
> Wait a sec... I was confused about whether the plugin was initially
> found. Upon starting e2 again with a clean config dir, I see that there
> was no need to select the plugin by hand... it's found on the first run.
> It's just that the config dialog did not give it an entry in the "Label"
> field. All I need do is check the box marked "loaded" to get it working.
Ah, a clean start. The *bar plugins are not loaded by default, but their GUI
data is extracted for the config dialog. And now, as there is no defined tip
for the cpbar submenu item, it gets that "not loaded" fallback thing. Which
will stay there after the plugin is actually loaded, until edited. Need to find
a smarter approach ...