Manpage question for debianers and affiliates

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:45:01 +1100

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:48:51 +0000
abbot ale <abbot.ale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The checkinstall issue is that when I run checkinstall to build a deb it
> goes astray when it when it tries to process

> /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/docs/emelfm2.1

> I think it is compressing it to create a man page. It says it can't find
> the file, and it's right, it isn't there. If I manually copy the file
> from the installation directories then try again all is well. I surmise
> that something goes wrong with the copying. I run checkinstall with sudo
> so it isn't a simple permissions problem (and if it was it would fail on
> a lot else as well). I've never seen this elsewhere, but must admit I
> know nothing about the debian build stuff either.
>
> I do know that if you just go make, make install there isn't a problem,

That file is indeed for a manpage. It normally goes into

/usr/share/man/man1 or /usr/local/share/man/man1

However the "debian-unofficial" files include emelfm2.1x which is presumably an
equivalent (and maybe superseded?) thing. Could be that the debian build
process needs tweaking.

Do any of you have any suggestions about this ?