Re: Is there a command to access the filetype opening mechanisms ?

  • From: Adam Krolnik <akrolnik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:17:27 -0500

This new code would work for replacing the command.insert_selection action.
I use insert_action to paste any selected text into the command line like
this:
  command.insert_action; command.focus; key.fake Right; key.fake Space

That is bound to button-2. in the output pane.

But what I was hoping to be able to do is simply paste what is already in
the X copy buffer
into the command line in order to build the command 'file.open <pasted>'
and then execute the command.  E.g. I want to make a pointer button action
like

   command.focus; key.fake l; key.fake Space; command.paste; command.send

(the command l is an alias of file.open)

   Adam