Re: Is there a command to access the filetype opening mechanisms ?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:23:27 +1000

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:45:13 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> file.open <file>
>
> opens the specified file <file> - thus doing what I was looking for.
>
> Is there a 'paste' action that I can execute, instead of
> command.insert_selection, allow me to
> click a button in the command output window instead of the smaller command
> window ?
> I don't see an action associated with paste, but its there, bound implicitly
> to button 2.

Adam,

I guess you mean you want to get a filename/path from selected output pane
text, to use as the argument for file.open. There's nothing to automatically do
that ATM. Probably it would be best achieved via a new macro.

Otherwise, for filelist item(s), file.open %p, aliased and/or bound to whatever
you fancy.