Re: Is there a command to access the filetype opening mechanisms ?

  • From: Joe Koenig <joe.koenig@xxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:38:40 +0200

* Adam Krolnik wrote:

> I'm looking for an action or command that can be applied to a
> given filename, from the command line.

I'm guessing you're looking for a key-combination, that will
transfer a filename from the above panes to the command-bar?

I don't think there's a specific key-combo for this, but you could
try this:

 $ command <enter initial letters of the filename> <press <TAB>>

so that emelfm2 will perform an autocompletion.

Or:  rightclick the file(s) and go "Plugins -> Copy names"
Then paste (e.g. Ctrl-v)

Cheers
Joe