Icons don't show up when emelfm2 is started

  • From: "Steven P. Ulrick" <meow8282@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 03:32:12 -0500

Hello, Everyone
On Fedora 19, I have been having the following issue for a long time:
If I start emelfm2 in any one of the possible ways (click on desktop
icon, run emelfm2 from a terminal, "alt f2 | emelfm2") most of the
icons are replaced with what would be displayed if the correct icon is
not available.  Here is a screenshot that shows what I'm talking about:
http://www.afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/emelfm2-screenshot-missingicons

But, if I open a termial, do "su - steve" and THEN run "emelfm2", the
icons show up as expected:
http://www.afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/emelfm2-screenshot-withicons

To clarify, I'll explain it like this:
1. Open xterm and run "emelfm2"
2. Result: almost no icons
(http://www.afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/emelfm2-screenshot-missingicons)
3. From that same terminal, run "su - steve" and then "emelfm2".
Result: all icons are displayed as expected:
http://www.afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/emelfm2-screenshot-withicons

I have this issue with emelfm2 built from SVN, as well as the version
that is currently in the Fedora repository.  Just to be safe, before I
began writing this all down, I remove ~/.config/emelfm2.  But that does
NOT fix the problem.  So, I have the issue with all version of emelfm2,
even with completely fresh configuration settings.

I have not seen this behavior in any other application that I run on my
Fedora 19 system.

If you need any further info, I will be glad to oblige.

Steven P. Ulrick