Fw: RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.3

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:41:41 +1000

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:56:55 -0400
"Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:40:42 -0400
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > * minor tweaking of startup options, and a change to default operation
> > as a normal application instead of as a daemon
>
> Hey Tom,
>
> I would assume that now, using the "--daemon" option should cause e2 to
> use the old behavior, no? In previous versions, e2 ran detached from the
> starting terminal. I grew quite accustomed to being able to start e2
> from rxvt without regard to any dependency on the starting terminal.

OOPS, some code in e2_main.c is still disabled ...

/*CHECKME why
        //normally, detach from controlling terminal and run in background
//      if (!e2_cl_options.no_detach
        if (e2_cl_options.detached
#ifdef DEBUG_MESSAGES
                && (e2_cl_options.debug_level < 5)
#endif
        )
                daemon (1, 1);
*/

You can substitute these

        //if instructed, detach from controlling terminal and run in background
        if (e2_cl_options.detached
#ifdef DEBUG_MESSAGES
                && (e2_cl_options.debug_level < 5)
#endif