Re: Folder creation bug

  • From: Maarten Maathuis <madman2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 06:27:09 +0200

> I can't test it here ATM, due to crashes all over the place ;-( I just
> updated my distro, and am now getting lots of the sort of X errors reported
> recently for ubuntu 9.04 and debian testing. Thread-locking is not working
> properly. I'm not sure if it's e2 itself, or gtk 2.16 (again) or glibc or
> xlib (actually libxcb, now) or X server. My current favourite is libxcb (some
> significant changes there, between previous and current versions, and still a
> long TODO). If I turn out to be correct about this, we're pretty much stuffed
> until they fix it (or else recode emelFM2 to use just 1 thread, YUK).

I'm a complete novice at this, but you are locking (other) threads
before doing rendering related stuff?

Also, it's indeed possible that the libX11 libxcb interface is to blame.
The change that i have in mind is
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=54e5c0941b0ded1628d559a9f0a3451ea96c299b

Maarten.