Re: Fix for Freedesktop Invocation

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:18:17 +1100

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 05:08:20 +0000
systemdkiosk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> crashed regularly on renaming
> > Has that stopped ?
>
> Believe so - thanks to bugfix release - please more
>

> >> like old iDesk, without wallpaper
> > Not sure what you mean here.
>
> Some FMs manage desktop icons and/or wallpaper for the WM. Openbox needs
> help from someplace. The big DEs have their own stuff, not always inside
> the FM, but sometimes.
>
> I'd like separated manage/don't-manage options for icons and wallpaper.
> Some FMs are both-or-nothing. Wallpaper apps are easy to find; icon
> apps, not so much.

I'm one of those who thinks it's not sensible for a file manager to also manage
a desktop.

If you've been following recent discussion on this ML, you might have inferred
that sooner or later, something other than gtk4 will be needed for emelFM2. We
won't be alone in this, I'm sure. Maybe then there'll be a surge of interest in
things such as you want. What's bad about iDesk?