Re: Fix for Freedesktop Invocation

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 12:14:21 +1100

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:44:24 +0000
systemdkiosk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My vote would be to accept a path arg like other FMs.
> Keep the -1 -2 switches too.

Svn code now supports this.

If a path is specified, it may be relative or absolute. If pane2 is hidden or
nearly-so, it will be expanded to show the specified directory.

The desktop file command-strings include -2, as you suggested, though that's
probably redundant now.

> Agreed...kinda. The release prior crashed regularly on
> renaming.

Has that stopped ?

> The app icon could use modern artistic flair, SVG, whatever.

It's available as a svg file. As to whether it should change, that's just
branding. Suggestions welcome.

> The app could (optionally) do desktop icons via XDG_DESKTOP_DIR,
> like old iDesk, without wallpaper. Plenty of apps run wallpaper,
> fewer desk icons in Openbox.

Not sure what you mean here.

> My main complaint is sudo/root usage. There again, the sys
> interactions are the gotchas. It's not the app but how it
> gets called, reads configs, etc. Other FMs run as root user
> aren't so itchy.

It's fair to say that the application wasn't designed to be a 'run-as-somebody'
sort of thing.

I'll come back to this, and your suggestions, when I get some time.