Fix for Freedesktop Invocation

  • From: systemdkiosk@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 04:17:14 +0000

I use two files to set emelfm2 as default file manager
in Openbox.

# /etc/profile.d/90-mime-defaults.sh
xdg-mime default emelfm2.desktop inode/directory
xdg-mime default emelfm2.desktop inode/mount-point

# diff output between
# /usr/share/applications/emelfm2.desktop (stock Arch Linux install)
# /usr/local/share/applications/emelfm2.desktop (my override file)
-Exec=emelfm2
+Exec=emelfm2 -2

The revised .desktop file overrides by path precedence.
The stock file remains as installed in /usr/share/applications.

The -2 switch makes emelfm2 act like other file managers
when invoked with a file arg. Most file managers (all?)
accept a file path arg and open it on launch.

I recommend emelfm2 adopt my method or change syntax to
act like other file managers. It took me quite a while to
find this fix!

Thanks for such a great app. I hope releases will be more
frequent too...

Best regards
Dave