Re: Find? (solved)

  • From: Fog_Watch <db5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:41:07 +1000

On Sat, 17 May 2008 00:42:25 +1000
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 May 2008 13:24:54 +1000
> Fog_Watch<db5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > When I use the "find" plugin to conduct a simple search all it
> > produces is an "-- end-of-output --" message.  It certainly doesn't
> > find what I ask it to find.  With a "recurse subdirectories" find,
> > recursing into not many directories, emelfm2 processes with
> > seemingly no end in sight.  The other plugins seem to operate
> > correctly, but not this one. I certainly haven't been able to
> > operate it in the way I was used to with version 0.3.  Please, any
> > clues?
>
> Not sofar. I've not come across that sort of behaviour, though I have
> to say that I don't use that plugin a whole lot.
What do you mean!  "Find" is why I use emelfm2.  There are a million
file managers out there, but not a handful has a find facility as
feature rich as emelfm2.

> At one stage, I forget exactly when, the ABI was changed in a manner
> which could cause the plugin to search in a manner other than what
> the user specified. IIRC that was fixable by deleting the cache file
> in ~/.config/emelfm2. But I doubt that's what you're describing.
Well, I deleted ~/.config/emelfm2/cache in order to get find working
again in 0.3.5.  Then when I went back up to 0.4 find worked.  Ahh!
Solution: delete ~/.config/emelfm2/cache.

> Regards
> Tom

Thank you.

Regards