Re: Feedback please - emelFM2 on gtk3

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:46:06 +1000

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 15:02:51 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

>  Sorry, but problem is not selected/not selected. Filelist position
> skips to the top when no item is selected but scrollbar stays on the
> right place. This is very annoying. Most file managers keeps filelist
> position when refreshing/deleting etc. And this is good.

Serge, you have something weird going on. I've never seen or heard of behaviour
like that.

The user is in control. The displayed position for a filelist is not supposed
to move around of its own accord, with or without scrollbar thumb movement.
(How is it even possible to move the view with the thumb staying in the same
place, I wonder.)

The visible contents may of course change, if you re-sort, or change a property
of item(s) which affects the current sorting, or if you add or remove item(s).

Let's start to track it down, with a couple more details:

 * gtk version
 * emelfm2 version