Re: Feedback please - emelFM2 on gtk3

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:16:48 +1000

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 08:17:36 +0200
Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3 October 2013 07:07, <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > The selection thing after deletion (or renaming) is enough to keep me on
> > > gtk3 at the moment, but without the horizontal scrollbars (or the ability
> > > to resize the columns either, another gtk3 problem?), I can't see stuff
> > > like filesize and dates. Tough choices!
>
> I really hope you don't remove the post-deletion selection I prefer, I tend
> to rename a lot of files in sequence, and having the selection jump around
> to the top or follow the file I renamed to its new position would make the
> current gtk2 behaviour much preferred over that.

Not sure quite what you mean. Selected items are not automatically shown,
except perhaps when a directory is first opened. There should be no "jumping
around" during the course of a progressive rename operation.

If files are sorted by name, and you select some then rename, the renamed (and
now, reselected) items will probably be relocated, but your view of the
filelist would be essentially unchanged, apart from the relocated items. Just
select the next one(s) to be renamed, and iterate ...

 Not that I shouldn't
> script all my silly renaming tasks anyway, so if you did I guess that's
> when I would get the needed boost to take care of that.

For now at least, for evaluation purposes, svn code has support for
re-selecting the cursor row after move/delete, if the config option "select
first item in newly opened directories" is enabled.

Not much tested on gtk3, but for that, the issue really is appropriate
un-selection when you don't want that behaviour.