Re: Feedback please - emelFM2 on gtk3

  • From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2 <emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 21:27:27 +0200

The devil is in the details.

Can't say the mentioned problems are something I've noticed at all. There
are two big differences I notice when switching between gtk2 and gtk3 for
my emelfm2:

1. I actually have configured a theme for gtk2 sometime in the distant
past, and I guess no other programs I use regularly are on gtk2, because
emelfm2 then looks completely out of place. My own fault I guess.

2. On gtk3, the horizontal scrollbars at the bottom of the panes are
missing. That's weird as they are clearly visible in the video Serge
linked. On the other hand, with gtk2 when deleting a file, no file is
selected after the operation, where the next one in the file-list (or
previous if deleting last file) is selected on gtk3.

The selection thing after deletion (or renaming) is enough to keep me on
gtk3 at the moment, but without the horizontal scrollbars (or the ability
to resize the columns either, another gtk3 problem?), I can't see stuff
like filesize and dates. Tough choices!