Re: Feedback please - emelFM2 on gtk3

  • From: Serge <omoikane@xxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:18:37 +0400

Hello.
Here's the videos from my desktop-

gtk3:
http://youtu.be/AUGuven54Mk

gtk2:
http://youtu.be/9Xj9dehJkGg

Only one thing is bothering me right now - list position when refreshing(

http://youtu.be/HrJnwK_0wCE

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 05:36:47 +0400, <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all.

I don't much use our favourite file manager on gtk3, but I've noticed a really annoying behaviour. Specifically, the file-pane toolbars scroll out of the top of the main window when the horizontal divider (between files and output) is moved towards the top of that window. Normally, the filelists and related toolbars should just shrink, eventually to nothing.

Actually, a similar thing occurs when the vertical inter-pane divider is moved to the left, but it's not so annoying. And the divider positions are not reverted properly at the start of a new session.

These seem to be a result of gtk3 widgets insisting on a 'noticeable' minimum size (e.g. in the case of toolbar buttons, 24-or-so pixels). When a toolbar size falls to the size of the included items, it's not permitted to get any smaller, and then simply scrolls.

There are a couple of gtk functions and properties which, on the face of it, seem to be relevant to reduce minimum size, but they have no effect, on gtk3 at least. I suspect that gtk3 minimum-sizes are determined by its styling mechanisms. Which is a bug, IMHO.

Can any of you shed any light on this ?

Have any of you seen emelFM2 working normally, on gtk3 ?

Opera 12.15 Build 1748 for Linux i386.
OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-686-pae
Architecture: i686
Compositor active: Yes