Re: Escape characters in terminal window

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:18:53 +1100

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:48:20 +0200
Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What shell is running at the bottom of emelfm2?

If the command is to be executed in an external shell (command prefixed with
">" and/or contains redirection), then whatever your default shell is.

Otherwise, no shell, and after some interpretation (for macros etc) it just
applies g_shell_parse_argv().

 It fails to escape the
> apostrophe (') character and the # sign when I give it a list of files
> through a '*' command.
>
> Like 'mplayer *' or something like that.
>
> Could this be fixed?

Well, it's easy to use a real shell if so wanted. Internally, how far should we
go to mimic a 'real' terminal, and which one?

Why does '#' need to be escaped in an internal command ?