Re: Crashes on file deletion - FOUND IT ?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 23:47:32 +1000

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:01:29 +0100
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The activation of menu items has substantially changed in gtk 2.16. No mention
of this in the API doc of course, we mortals are expected to be able to intuit
these things ...

I've put some changes into svn that help deal with this. Most actions I've
tried sofar seem to be as good as before, though sometimes dialogs are a little
slower to appear (due to lockout while a filelist is being refreshed). However
a couple (I've noticed: change ownership, change permissions) will still crash
badly if activated via main file-list context menu, UNLESS I pause for several
seconds between popping up the menu and activating the relevant item in the
menu. I have absolutely no idea why this works at all, given the library
changes !

Every app that has a context-menu for a treeview will have the same issue, I
think. I've got a little more exploring to do, and then will probably submit a
request to gtk devs to revert the menu mechanism to the way it was before 2.16.
But who knows if the devs will take any notice ?