Re: Crashes on file deletion

  • From: Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:28:00 +0100

Thanks Tom,

Just a little more information in case it helps.

(1) So far as I can tell, the issue is confined to
deletion / getting information about a file / changing
permissions.

(2) All other operations from the Actions menu on
individual files or those multiply selected are unaffected.

(3)     I have compiled vanilla versions (no USE
options) of emelfm2-0.5-0 and 0.5-1 and (since you responded
to Maarten), svn.  All crash.

(4) The crashes leave no trace in my logs.

(5) I have seen one instance of this rather longer error
message:

(emelfm2:26592): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_store_iter_next:
assertion `iter->user_data != NULL' failed emelfm2: Fatal
IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X
server :0.0.

(6)     There had also been a minor Arch kernel update
recently.  I don't always reboot the moment kernel updates
arrive, so it is conceivable that the problem arises there.

(7) I have been using emelfm / emelfm2 for so long that I
always self-compile to my liking.  Also, I don't think
that emelfm2 was in the Arch repositories when I installed
the distro.  I see that it is in the repositories now, and I
have posted a message on the forum there asking if anyone
else is seeing the same problem.

Geoff