Crashes on file deletion

  • From: Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:23:35 +0000

Hello Tom,

Quite a while since I had reason to post here.

I run self-compiled emelfm2 under Arch Linux these
days, which has behaved perfectly for the past 18 months or
more.  I am using currently using Org X Server 1.5.3 and
emelfm2 0.5.1 compiled with USE_INOTIFY=1 USE_LATEST=1

I update Arch itself daily, and today the following package
upgrades installed.

atk (1.24.0-1 -> 1.26.0-1)
randrproto (1.2.2-1 -> 1.3.0-1)
libxrandr (1.2.3-1 -> 1.3.0-1)
pango (1.22.4-1 -> 1.24.0-1)
gtk2 (2.14.7-2 -> 2.16.0-1)

emelfm2 is now crashing when I select files to delete.  I
can't establish a clear pattern but apart from one occasion
when the program froze and had to be killed, and one when
the delete confirmation window appeared, but contained no
text : I am seeing :

emelfm2: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable) on X server :0.0

or

Xlib: sequence lost (0x121df > 0x2261) in reply type 0x0!
The program 'emelfm2' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture
parameter)'. (Details: serial 8672 error_code 178
request_code 154 minor_code 5) (Note to programmers:
normally, X errors are reported asynchronously; that is,
you will receive the error a while after causing it. To
debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a
meaningful backtrace from your debugger if you break on the
gdk_x_error() function.) The program 'emelfm2' received an
X Window System error. This probably reflects a bug in the
program. The error was 'BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or
Window parameter)'. (Details: serial 8671 error_code 9
request_code 154 minor_code 4) (Note to programmers:
normally, X errors are reported asynchronously; that is,
you will receive the error a while after causing it. To
debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a
meaningful backtrace from your debugger if you break on the
gdk_x_error() function.)

Sometimes I can succeed in deleting a single file, but a
group delete crashes every time.

I am, of course, happy to supply more information, run
tests etc.

Thanks,

Geoff