Re: Crash on "info"

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 06:50:45 -0500

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:51:22 +0000
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Everything was going well until I tried
> to info a file - which produces a crash every time.
>
> Running from an xterm, the  :GLib-GObject errors seem to be
> harmless - the crash comes with the ..  "(instance)' failed
> file: invalid option ... " when I click on info.
To get information for the dialog, the shell command

 file -pr <your-file-path>

is run. From your report, it appears that your 'file' doesn't support p or r
options.

I can't find a version history which reports when such options were made
available. I've not heard of the problem you report, so versions for the last
couple of years at least would seem to be ok.

In any event, it should not crash when the command fails in the way yours did.
I've now added another test for that.