Re: Completion: Tilde and environment variables

  • From: kba <unixprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:09:00 +0100

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 11:39:57PM +1100, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:15:37 +0100
> kba <unixprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to complete from shortened home dirs (~/ for $HOME,
> > ~john/ for /home/john etc.) directly?

Somehow this does not work for me. When I enter '~/<Tab>' in a dir line,
nothing happens, whereas when I enter '/home/kba/<Tab>' I get the wanted
completion.

> Yes, this works in dir lines and command line.
>
> > Another thing I would find nice to have is expansion of environment
> > variables (like $HOME, $XDG_CONFIG_HOME) in dirline/commandline. Is this
> > possible?
>
> Yes. Also works for 'internal' variables.

What is the right syntax for this? '$HOME' does not work, it just spits
out "Directory '/home/kba/$HOME/' does not exist".

I'm using emelFM2 v. 0.5.1

thanks
kba