Re: Bookmarks and Filter menus displaced in 2-0.9.0

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 13:16:17 +1000

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 19:59:42 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Steven P. Ulrick <meow8282@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:49:10 +0100
> > Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> As I mentioned recently in another thread, I have just jumped from
> >> 2-0.8.1 to 2-0.9.0.  Since upgrading the right pane bookmarks and
> >> filter rules dropdown menus do not appear under their respective
> >> icons, but show up in the left pane instead.  I wondered if it was a
> >> theme issue, but a test with an unthemed user (screenshot attached),
> >> has the same problem.  The screenshot illustrates a the result of a
> >> click on the right pane bookmarks icon.
> >
> > Same here. Emelfm2 0.9.0 on Fedora 19
> >
> No problem here. emelfm2 0.9.0 on Xubuntu Precise.

Gtk 3.4 deprecates the GtkHandleBox widget, so recent emelFM2's, when built for
3.4+, substitute an ordinary GtkBox to contain each toolbar.

As we now see, the algorithm for determining button-position needs to be
different for items in a GtkBox, though there's no obvious reason why so.

I'll look for a fix ASAP.