Re: Are we ready for a release ?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:42:44 +1100

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:17:01 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think it looks great and is ready for a release.

Almost. Waiting on svn permission for our new(ish) polish translator.

> That or we could talk about other things...
>
> Colored output   - egrep can produce colored output (uses ANSI escape
> sequences that xterm understands.)
Unlikely. Checking each byte of printed content is slow.

> Button/command to lock the command pane to the first pane instead of the
> active pane
The active pane is (very nearly) always the same as the filesystem CWD. In the
absence of a full path, that's where commands would expect to be.

> Ability to use !$, !:1, in a command.
Prepend ">" to send command to external shell