Re: Anything in particular?

  • From: tooar <tooar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:02:24 +0200

hello,

Reboant wrote on Sat, 21.08.2004:
> I was curious about the icons you mentioned and found them in the
> latest version of gnome-icons-theme (version-1.2.3).Grab the tarball
> and check it out.
> These files are in the /gnome-icon-theme-1.2.3/16x16/stock/generic/
> dir.
>
> stock_folder-copy.png
> stock_folder-move.png
> stock_new-dir.png

oh, yes, there are also some icons. i didn't know about them, actually.
i'll have to check if they are available in larger resolutions, too.

> I'll see what I can do about a "rename icon" for you along with a few
> others that might be missing.If you think of any then please let me
> know.

ideally, all buttons and menu entries (in the context menus) should have
icons. also for the config sections or the tree view column headers,
icons would be nice. though, the main toolbar in the middle, that is
move, rename and mkdir are probably most important.

> Its strange that Gnome isn't using the the svg format for all the
> stock icons.Do you know if they are going to convert over or just
> stick with png?--

well, *.svg takes more cpu than .png, but it's a good basis because you
can generate .png in any size from them. there is already an svg icon
theme for gnome available [*], but not as the official default theme.

 * http://www.crystalgnome.org/index2.htm

regards,

        tooar

--
There are 10 different groups of people.
That 1 who understand binary and that 1 who don't.