A couple questions about EmelFM2 6

  • From: Rob <robuck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:08:22 -0400

Hey everyone. I have a couple questions about EmelFM2 6.2.

My first question is, what exactly is the thumbnail plugin? I've been
trying to install it, with much difficulty, but when I finally thought
it was installed, I couldn't see any difference even in the plugin
settings, so I'm thinking I did something wrong? I don't even know if
it's worth the trouble, it just looked like an interesting plugin.

My second question is, I'm having some trouble with colourizing file
types. I originally used version 4.?  from the Ubuntu Repo, and I had
no trouble assigning colours to files with certain extensions like
.tgz or .py. In 6.2 I can't even get the colour to change. When I
click on an extension (second column I guess) like py, or c, or tgz,
and change the colour, the dialog pops up, and I select a colour and
push ok, but the colour never sticks anymore. I tried it multiple
times, applying and commiting changes, but it won't change. Is this a
bug or am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, Thanks. Emelfm2 rules!