100% CPU utilization bug

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:24:38 -0400

Hi all,

I've experienced a bug where, randomly, emelFM2 will use all the CPU
power than it can (without completely hogging the system though).

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to reproduce it, even though
it happened a few times; recent builds seem to have lowered
the frequency of appearance of the bug. I couldn't find anything in
the logs either.

It seems to be related to external command execution and
(I might be wrong on that) it looks like some sort of race condition /
threading issue (and we all love parallel programming, don't we

Has anyone encountered such an issue?

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>