[EMAS] cormorant at Beaver Lake

  • From: Virginia Senechal <vsenechal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 18:33:54 -0400

This young
cormorant<https://picasaweb.google.com/106830005911633082070/MostRecent#5761032359091169570>loves
this perch, out among the tall grass that remains as the lake fills
up.  I spotted it on my morning walk, then hoped it would wait for me while
I ran home to get the camera.  The light wasn't as good when I returned,
but the bird was still there so I'm not complaining!  Also along the lake
path were at least two bluebird fledglings.  I haven't seen much in the
sanctuary except a couple parulas the last few days, in the trees between
the overlooks.

Virginia S