[ell-i-developers] 答复: [ell-i-developers] Re: OpenOCD and ellduino

  • From: Qinglai Xiao <jigsaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Teemu Hakala <temmi@xxxxxx>, "ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 02:15:17 -0700

@Atte There are quite a few ft2232 based debugger out there, either gdb
stub or openicd compatible. To be honest I was also thinking about
that. I turned to M0 just because I happen to have a M0 at hand. I
believe it will be fun to work out a ftdi solution.

@Teemu Instead of JTAG, what is your opinion on SWD? 发件人: Teemu
Hakala
发送时间: ‎2014/‎6/‎6 21:39
收件人: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: [ell-i-developers] Re: OpenOCD and ellduino
On 6.6.2014, at 17:07, Atte Peltomaki <atte.peltomaki@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Let me know if you have comments, eg. if I'm trying something
> stupid/impossible. A lot of this is completely new to me, so please bear
> with me :)

Hi

Sounds very interesting, good and useful. From what I know, this should
be possible.

Ivan and Qinglai have some working SWD code, but it is for a Cortex M0
and [Gdb remote stub][1]. Might be of help or source of inspiration or just
a nuisance to bother with. Dunno if OpenOCD is using any primitives
similar to Gdb.

Using the Basic FT232R is of course not mandatory, but we happen to have
those around and they’re pretty cheap.

Anyway it seems that we might want to consider what physical programming-
debug-interfaces we want to have on our hardware. I’m starting to think
the next generation idea of supporting JTAG is good and other interfaces
can be dumped. Now we just need you and other guys to make the programming
software to work :)

  [1]: https://bitbucket.org/jigsaw_echo/m0dbg/src