[ell-i-developers] Re: How to make serial working?

  • From: Jose Granados Vergara <jose.granados@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 18:13:18 +0000

I've been using HTerm<http://www.der-hammer.info/terminal/> and Parallax Serial
Terminal<http://www.parallax.com/downloads/parallax-serial-terminal> with
Ellduino without problems.

-Jose
________________________________
De: ell-i-developers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ell-i-developers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] en nombre de jigsaw [jigsaw@xxxxxxxxx]
Enviado: domingo, 01 de junio de 2014 06:59 p.m.
Para: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Teemu Hakala
Asunto: [ell-i-developers] Re: How to make serial working?

@Pekka OK this is what Ivan and I were trying to figure our during hackthon. We
noticed that only Arduino IDE was able to talk over serial.

@Jose Thanks for the sample code. I was using same code but wrong GPIO pin. So
how do you get the serial working? By hacking Arduino IDE in the same way as
Pekka said, or you made another customized terminal?

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Pekka Nikander
<pekka.nikander@xxxxxx<mailto:pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>> wrote:
The current Ell-i board (Ellduino) Serial requires that you don't pull DTR or
RTS up(?), IIRC.  They are used for reseting the board.  If you use a standard
terminal program, that will pull the handshake signals so that the board goes
to the reset state.

This is one of the things that will be fixed in the next boards.

The issue should be documented here:
https://github.com/Ell-i/Hackathon/wiki/Ellduino-serial-programming-interface
but as of today, it is not.

Here is how we fix this for the Arduino IDE:

https://github.com/Ell-i/Arduino/commit/8748a243f22216370c478d937abc60f03697de4e

--Pekka