[elky] Re: no tire kickers yet for Clustertruck :)

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 07:10:27 -0400 (EDT)

This truck has been a decent work truck for the last six years, but I just
don't have time to restore it like I originally planned. Just trying to
make an  honest listing of the vehicle...if needed I can tell some decent
history of the  truck, as well as local sources for parts, etc. I now have a
newer truck and  just don't have room for two.

$700 or best offer

Well IMO, after  seeing the photos, it looks really bad. I think that if u
at least primer the  car in one solid color it would at least get someone to
look at it. You need to  stage a car just like selling a house. For the
photos clear/clean the interior,  even thought it's a seat cover stretch it
tight so it doesn't look as bad as the  seat under it. Just like dealers, once
their in the door, sell, sell,  sell.
Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 9/2/2011 11:47:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Brought my son to a high school football game tonight, and there was a  '76
GMC Sprint for sale in the parking lot.  It was black, not much rust  e
xcept surface rust in bed, body fair with numerous scratches and dents, and
some sort of tube welded to the bed (looked like it was supposed to hold up a
large flag or some other upright poll).  Kid was asking $2000, which I
seriously doubt he'll get based on my limited experience of trying to sell a
similar car :)

I really have gotten to like this unique body style for the '73-'77.  I
look on ebay and at any given time there will be approximately 100 El  Caminos
for sale, with only 4 or 5 of them being 4th gens.  I guess  that's what I
like about them...they're definitely different from the rest.  But anyway, I
have to remember that my tastes are different from the  general public.  I
think I posted earlier this year that I looked at a  '72 that was not much
better than mine, except had red paint thrown over the  rust on the car.  That
truck sold for $3600.

Anyway, I'm not stressed about this at all...just felt like typing a
little.  I finally re-listed the Sprint on craigslist and if someone has
tastes
like mine, they can buy a classic 4th-gen for much cheaper than the  black
'76 at the football game tonight :)

Here's my ad re-posted, except now asking $700 (first ad was for $950,  and
mentioned a driver's window problem that has since been fixed.)

_http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/2579238746.html_
(http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/2579238746.html)

I think for anything below $500, I'd rather keep the truck even though
it's a bulky eyesore in my overcrowded driveway.  It's nice to have a
"practice vehicle" for repairs, and a driveable parts car, and a truck that
I'm not
worried about scratching the paint.

Saul
'76 GMC Sprint