[elky] Re: new pictures all black darth vader? lol

  • From: Taj Wesley <soldiert101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:12:57 -0400

well the thing is i found a set of rims and tires for 100 with about 80 percent
tread left and they are 30 inch tires so i guess if theyll fit they will
probably go on

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:12:55 -0600
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [elky] Re: new pictures all black darth vader? lol

    I believe John Christensen answered your
      question.  If you want the questionable "kool factor" of 30s then
      I spose you could put 'em on.  Losing power is a questionable
      perception issue.  You'll still have the same amount of
    power, but the truck may seem slower and the speedo will be off by a
    significant amount.  If it was me, I'd do as John suggested and put
    snow tires on all 4 corners...if you really feel the need to do so.
    I live in Utah where our winters CAN be pretty gruesome, although
    over the last 10 or so years we've had more issues with the cold
    than with snow...with a coupla exceptions:

    That shot is taken from my front window.  I live at the bottom of
    that hill.  I don't drive much in the winter (my body can't take the
    cold) but I don't bother with snow tires on my 95 2wd Burb.  I can
    usually get up the hill unless there's a sheet of ice under the
    snow.  Then it'd prolly take studs or chains to cope with it.

    Again, I'd just run 4 snow tires and put any saved cash into the
    Elky project.

    On 6/24/2011 11:30 AM, Taj Wesley wrote:

        heres my el camino it has been through a lot. It was bought new
        by my grandpa in 87 so its kind of a dedication build.. When i
        moved back to Jersey it had been sitting the last 3 years
        outside since i blew the original 305 up it now has a 355 vortec
        heads 373 gears 700r4 shift kit and i upgraded to 28 spline
        axles using a stock posi unit out of a 2001 camaro.

        It is my daily driver. in the future i plan to put 20 inch iroc
        rims on it or 18s havent decided

        i also have a question does anyone know if ill lose power by
        putting 30 inch tires on a stock toyota truck kind of need some
        kind of off road tire in the winter up here