[elky] Re: cars and kids

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:59:13 -0500

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Brian M <ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pretty cool John!  I will have to look as I am not sure what cabman means
> but that little car is probably a pretty fun little ride! I'm jealous of the
> mini, I too really wanted one but with the boy and the dog(s) I just
> couldn't make one work.  Some of the cooper s models driving around look
> like they should be carving corners on some curve road in Europe.

It's called a Clubman and it has more room than the originals. Call it an
extended cab. The back is a little more square too. The newer  Countryman
has 4wd and 4 doors. Ours has a third door on the pass side, like an
extended cab pickup has. The S is just more gas, and maybe more fun, but not
needed for our use. It is still fun as hell. We got ours with 11 miles.

> I don't remember, what is Nate driving?

Nate has a 2007 Volvo C70 turbo hardtop convert. Not exactly slummin' it.
Black with white and gray interior.

>  The manual trans does add an element of fun to a drive, I admit I miss
> that in the V (along with everything else about it-couldn't justify that as
> my only car right now but was seriously considering looking for another one-
> if it weren't for my hauling dilemma- got 28 on the highway 19 in town)
> The 2008 acura TL type S that is usually in the garage got a 6 speed and is
> a blast to drive, so for now I have to get my thrills with her car (no
> complaints that car rocks and gets 24 around town!)
> John, love the color too, Congrats both on the new car and for Nate!

It's a good day, but I go to the guy that gave me a root canal in about 10
minutes to see what is going on with an old crown/root canal.

JC