[elky] Re: USPS was Murphy's Law

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:24:28 EDT

First class mail has been drying up for years. But there still  is no
computer in every home. So ......... it trickles in. 80% of all deliveries  was
bulk (junk) mail. With the economy cut backs, mailers cut back, and  some die
d altogether.
    The meal ticket, money maker, was express  mail.
  I am the same as the public, I never use a stamp  anymore, and I should
know better.
-Smoky Mt Frank-

In a message dated 4/13/2010 8:59:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx writes:

It's  hard to believe with the boom in internet sales that USPS is hurting,
but I  guess the other carriers have reaped more of the rewards?  Like you
say,  the vast majority of the business must be first class, and less people
are  mailing letters, cards, plus you have online bill pay.

USPS has been an  integral part of my business.  Most businesses in my
industry won't ship  USPS, so customers don't have a low-cost shipping option.
Plus the free  boxes... I use a lot of free boxes...

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:42 AM, <_STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx) >  wrote:

Yeah, I heard that. Well .............. my two cents  .......... Technology
is changing so fast that the Post Office, as we know  it, is obsolete. They
are not diversified, and as the way of the dinosaur,  natural selection has
sealed it's fate.
    I forecast that it will go to  privatization, and loose the monopoly on
first class mail. They (the powers  in charge) have been trashing the image
of the PO for years so that when  privatization came the public would not
cry to save it. Now the PO is going  down due to an extreme drop in amount of
mail. It has supported itself  entirely on stamp sales, now that has dried
up, and no rain in  sight.
     The Post office is in it's final  days. I got out just in time. The
only ones that will shed a tear are  the employees.
-Smoky Mt  Frank-

In a message dated 4/12/2010 11:24:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
_johncgg@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:johncgg@xxxxxxxxx)  writes:

LOL  .... Ya hear that Frank?

JC

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Ray Buck <_rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

Yeah.  The USPS hasn't been the same since  Frank left.