[elky] Re: Trip

  • From: "ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:22:37 -0400

> If you drive from NY to DC take the road down through Dover Delaware
after
>you cross the bridge out of NJ, then cut across the chesapeake into DC
from
>the east.  It cuts out a lot of traffic and Baltimore.

     Well we flew into Regan and were picked up by Geri's sister and we
went to her place down in Virginia in the sticks... Nice place but too far
from civilization for me. Then we drove to Cleveland.

      We checked the loads and getting from Cleveland to Laguardia looked
bad so we rode back with her sister and she dropped us off at Dulles.
Luckily we got the last 1st class seats on the plane but Geri gave up hers
and sat in a jumpseat so someone else could get on the plane.

     The flight was late getting in from DFW cause it's been raining the
past few days and still going which is very unseasonable... Walked in the
door by 9:30. I really wanted to avoid the drive from Cleveland to DC but
it went well.

>The PA turnpike is (a) expensive and (b) loaded with PA troopers.

   The PA turnpike cost us $15 each way. It would have been $8 but we were
in a 1 ton truck cause it's allot nicer for trips than a car. At $8 it's
way cheaper than the toll roads in Dallas. All the way across the state for
$8 and here that just gets you from the west sode of Dallas to the north
east side... So the turn pike is dirt cheap compared to the toll roads
here.

    There were a total of 5 troopers out counting both directions...

     What I did forget all these years is how slow the speed limits are in
the north east. There are a bunch of really slow 45 and 55 two lane roads
there that in tx they would be 60-70mph. That's what really makes road
trips slow up there.

>You must have really awful freeways.

>Mary

           There was only one bad section of road. It wasn't very long but
it had horisontal bumps where the joints were. It lasted only about 20
minutes or so. Other than that the road is fine with no potholes and no
tire ruts. Just way too slow of speed limits especially in work zones...

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE