[elky] Trickle charger or solar cell

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:41:18 -0500

The elky likes to drain it's battery sometimes over long sits between running... So I have been thinking about either getting a battery maintainer or a solar cell.

I have a maintainer picked out that I have used before that I like but was thinking about a solar cell. The HF one is a 5 watt course it won't put out that even in our sun and it's an old style solar cell and not as efficient. Was wondering if anyone had tried using one to maintain a battery in a car?

                Any thoughts?