[elky] Re: Third brake light

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:13:34 -0500

It's not about seeing the vehicle itself, but about seeing the brake/signal lights. Most vehicles on the road seem to be SUVs of some sort, and their drivers follow too close to boot, so they cannot easily see the brake lights that are mounted in our bumpers. Putting a third brake light up high gives them no excuse. They may still hit you anyway, while adjusting the GPS, talking on the phone, and battling with kids in the back seat, but it at least gives you a fighting chance.

 ---> Jared Ryan <---
jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.caminofx.org

On Aug 17, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Mary McCarthy wrote:

honey, if you can't see Sprint in front of you, you should not be driving....

I did it for visibility. The brake lights are sitting on the ground and can't be seen on elkys so... And considering there aren't many cars here makes it even more important.