[elky] Re: Some interesting (and fun) motor swap/race links

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:37:28 -0400

Very cool.  I talked to my brother and I may be retrieving my old MGB
at some point... searching around I see the 60 degree GM V6 is a
common swap into MGs.  There is even a company that has developed a
kit to swap in the new "high value" V6s:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Value_engine - 240+ horsepower in
a small package.

I'm still not sure I'd want to put that much effort in it though...
MGs like my '77 were 20 years behind in technology when they were
brand new... the suspension, everything would need to be upgraded.

These days I'm not as worried about the $ invested in projects but the
time... I just want to drive fun cars, not wrench on them
indefinitely.